email@example.com, or 503.849.9281.
As Oregon cigarette sales drop, so do tobacco-related cancers: Oregon Tobacco Facts & Laws annual report released today, The Oregon Tobacco Prevention and Education Program, January 25, 2011.
New Survey Shows Youth Smoking Has Stopped Declining, Smokeless Tobacco Use Up; Elected Leaders Must Step up Fight to Protect Kids from Tobacco, Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids, December 14, 2010.
Smoking stops declining and shows signs of increasing among younger teens.
In the News
Smokers in Umatilla County drop by a percent, still higher than state, East Oregonian, January 28, 2011.
Oregon Cigarette Sale, Tobacco Related Cancers Decrease, MyCentralOregon.com, January 28, 2011.
Coos County leads in tobacco cancers, The World, January 27, 2011.
Tobacco Sales Down, KOHD News, Januray 26, 2011.
Oregonians buy fewer cigarettes, die less from tobacco-related cancers, according to state report, The Oregonian, January 25, 2011.
Report Finds Tobacco Sales Down In Oregon, Oregon Public Broadcasting, January 25, 2011.
Oregon Cigarette Sales Down; Cancer Cases, TooBut Officials Say More Work Needs to be Done, KTVZ.COM News Sources, January 25, 2011.
Tobacco-Free Coalition's Brett Hamilton - new cigarrette taxes. , KPAM Radio, January 17, 2011.
Tobacco Tax On The Legislature's Radar Again, Oregon Public Broadcasting, January 3, 2011.
Hooked on Hooka, The Registered Guard, December 6, 2010.
Tobacco foes begin push for cigarette tax, The Oregonian, December 1, 2010.
Rising hookah smoking trend among Oregon youths worries public health officials, The Oregonian, November 10, 2010.
HHS announces new tobacco strategy and proposed new warnings and graphics for cigarette packs and advertisements, Center for Tobacco Products Food and Drug Administration, November 10, 2010.
Hookah smoking rises in popularity among Oregon youth, new study finds, The Oregonian, November 9, 2010.
Anti-Smoking Programs Are Slashed, Wall Street Journal, November 9, 2010.
The Root: Opposing The Ban on Methol Cigarettes, NPR, October 27, 2010.
The true cost of a pack of cigarettes: $18.83, The Oregonian, September 14, 2010.
- Hookah lounges violate the spirit of Oregon law , March 8, 2011
- Despite wins in tobacco prevention, more Oregonians are smoking, February 4, 2011
- Snuff out the lies, January 1, 2011.
- Walking our talk on tobacco control
- Smoking cessation a lagging priority
Improve health by raising taxes: Big jump in tobacco tax can cut smoking
- Surgeon General's Reports on Smoking and Tobacco Use
- CDC Office of Smoking & Tobacco Use, Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports (MMWRs)
- CDC Office of Smoking & Tobacco Use, Vital Times: Tobacco Use
- American Lung Association, Smoking Out a Deadly Threat: Tobacco Use in the LGBT Community
- American Lung Association, Too Many Cases, Too Many Deaths: Lung Cancer in African Americans
- Oregon Department of Health, Public Health Division, TPEP, Burden of Tobacco Among Medicaid Clients in Oregon (pdf)
- Asian Family Center, Demographic Differences in Tobacco Use and Utilization of Cessation Resources Among Asian Oregonians (pdf): December, 2008.
- Asian Family Center, Asian Oregonians' Attitutdes Toward the Tobacco Quit Line (pdf): June, 2009.
Latest from the Blog
By Chuck Tauman of Portland, Oregon. Chuck is a trial lawyer, political consultant and lobbyist. He is also the President of Tobacco Free Coalition of Oregon. Big tobacco continues to reap record profits from selling an addictive product that, when used as intended, kills its best customers. With a business model that is both simple and simply repulsive, they prey upon the young and disadvantaged in hopes of creating an addiction to nicotine and a lifetime dependence on their products and the income stream that goes with it. Frankly Oregon hasn't done enough to protect our… Read more »